Spyker is a manufacturer of high performance luxury sports cars whose customers require exclusivity, performance and passion in their purchase and ownership experience.Zeewolde | December 05, 2013
We are looking for a well experienced and highly skilled
Legal Counsel (m/f)
to join us in Zeewolde from where we design, engineer, manufacture, market and disitribute high-end sports cars with over 40 employees.
This role requires a highly professional, multi-lingual qualified legal counsel with a proven track record in managing and advising on legal risk issues. Reporting to the CEO and CFO, this role is critical in providing operational legal advice and managing these situations across the business in an international environment. The Legal Counsel will work closely with other departments within the company such as HR, engineering, operations as well as commercial management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, manage and mitigate legal risk issues across the business operating in an international environment
- Manage day to day legal questions from the business with focus on corporate law, general commercial contract and employment law issues
- Draft and review legal procedures and guidelines and implement these throughout the business
- Assist with general corporate housekeeping
- Provide preventative legal guidance and risk training to relevant stakeholders across the business
- Keep updated with relevant law changes and drafting best practice notes on topical issues for use across the business
- Assist with compliance aspects
- Experience: We are looking for a Dutch qualified lawyer with 5 to 8 years’ experience in a legal practice with main focus on corporate law and general contract who is used to work with international clients operating in an international environment. Proven business knowledge of English is a strict requirement, additional knowledge of German is a plus.
- Person Profile: Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality and internal customer service. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance. Reliable, tolerant, assertive and determined. Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel abroad. Being able to work very independently and on own initiative are key success factors in this position.
- Business Skills: The right candidate is expected to be a business driver as well assisting in the identification of opportunities, negotiation with partners and etc. In-depth legal knowledge will come paired with an outstanding practical business approach.
You will join a growing organisation with enthusiastic colleagues. We offer a competative salary.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com or to
Spyker N.V., HR Department, Edisonweg 2, 3899 AZ Zeewolde.
For questions about this position please contact Arjen Dikken, CFO at 036 535 87 87